July 15, Bangkok Thailand

After 17 hours of flying I've achieved 8 hours of sleep staying overnight at the Bangkok Christian Guesthouse. In an hour the Ven. Dhammananda will be coming by to pick me up. I will be staying with her at her temple for 4 days, Songdhammaklinat, which is outside Bangkok.

I truly look forward to spending time meditating there as well as having many conversations with her about the parallels between the movement for Roman Catholic women priests and her own movement for women's ordination in Theravada Buddhism.She has also said that I would go begging with her and the other members of the temple each morning. I have brought a gift for her--a glass chalice that has engraved on it "Women's Ordination Conference." A gift from WOC to me as I finished my term on their board--and one that I hope Dhammananda will like. I am also bringing her a jar of homemade plum jam from the Sophia Catholic Community (made by our own dear Mary Ann Kono). ---Blessings to all!

No comments: